On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 05:10:48PM +0000, Keller, Jacob E wrote:
> [...]

It's two different X550T cards. They have one port connected to the
same switch and one port connected directly between them. Maybe the
cards use one clock for both MAC and PHY layers? If the two ports of
one card shared the clock too, that wouldn't work with different ports
running at slightly different frequencies, right? (I don't know much
about Ethernet and whether any of this makes any sense).

--
Miroslav Lichvar