Hi Richard,

Master Server, coreOS (Linux version 4.9.24):
Intel 82579LM running the e1000e driver version 3.2.6-k (coreOS

Slave Servers:
Fedora (Linux version 4.2.6)
Intel i217-LM (rev 04) running the e1000e driver version 3.4.0.2 (latest)

Ubuntu (Linux version 4.13.0)
Intel i218-LM (rev 05) running the e1000e driver version 3.2.6-k and later
version 3.4.0.2 (latest)

When using the Ubuntu machine as te master server, the exact same thing happens
with roughly exactly the same output values ending up at around 70.000+ seconds
offset. The exact same thing happens when using the Fedora machine as the
master server.

The Ubuntu machine had been used before in a network where it acted as the PTP
Grandmaster for three months without any problem. I’ve done a clean install and
adopted the machine into this new network as a slave server and it continuously
gets the 70.000+ second offset. I can not find where the problem could be..

Jord

On 8 Jun 2018, at 16:32, Richard Cochran