For what it's worth, the Mellanox-based 1/10G devices I have access to seem
to share one PHC between both ports:

    bash-4.4# ethtool -T ma5 | grep Clock
    PTP Hardware Clock: 4
    bash-4.4# ethtool -T ma6 | grep Clock
    PTP Hardware Clock: 4
    bash-4.4# ethtool -i ma5
    driver: mlx4_en

    bash-4.4# lspci | grep Mellanox
    05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27520 Family
[ConnectX-3 Pro]

We don't use them in this way, and I haven't played or tested this aspect
but if'd be happy to poke them a little if anyone has any requests.

- David