You can make two global options, one for each flavor.
I'm sorry, I don't understand your suggestion. Can you explain in a bit more
detail, please?
Right now we have:

uds_address     /var/run/ptp4l
uds_ro_address  /var/run/ptp4lro

You could add:

uds_address_filemode    0660
uds_ro_address_filemode 0666

Hm?

That would be ideal, but I'm out of ideas with the implementation. The file mode setting is needed in uds.c, but the uds_open() function has no flag telling it whether it is RW or RO (or some other?) UDS port.

Maybe a little bit hacky but working solution would be to compare name and uds_path. For the RO port, name is /var/run/ptp4lro and uds_path is /var/run/ptp4l. But I can imagine this can be pretty fragile detection.