On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 08:41:36PM +0800, Hamilton Alex wrote:
> Hi, Miroslav:
> Thank you for your reply!
> but i didn't understand, on a single system, port 0 as master and port 1 as
> slave, and there is cable connect port 0 and port 1 for pkt communication.
> why ptp protocol doesn't work this way?

Are you using the hybrid_e2e option?

This is not an issue with the protocol. As I understand it, the kernel
will normally not send or accept a unicast packet to itself over a
real network interface. It has the loopback interface for that.

One way to get around that is to use multiple network namespaces.

--
Miroslav Lichvar