On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 03:33:31PM +0530, Aditya Venu via Linuxptp-users wrote:
> I'm doing a two step time stamping and acting as a master. My doubt is:
> Should the sequence ID for sync, followup, announce, delay req and delay
> resp as shown in the screenshot be the same for one iteration?

Only messages that are responses to other message are expected to have
the same sequence ID. That is sync and follow_up, delay_req and
delay_resp, and pdelay_req and pdelay_resp/pdelay_resp_follow_up.

> After the follow_up is received by the slave, will the immediate next
> message from the slave be delay_request?

No, delay requests are independent from sync/followup messages. There
can be zero, one, or multiple delay requests between two sync
messages.

--
Miroslav Lichvar