On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 11:47:00AM +0200, jmfri...@femto-st.fr wrote:
> I have a Compute Module4 single board computer controlled using
> linuxptp to a White Rabbit switch as grand master. The client is
> controlled by the server with linuxptp 3.1.1

> and all goes well. I upgraded to linuxptp 4.0 in order to activate some
> of the newer options and now in the exact same context I am unable to
> lock with the messages

Is linuxptp the only thing you have upgraded? This is most likely a
driver issue as the log message suggests. The CM4 HW timestamping
support is quite problematic from what I read.

If you are sure it's linuxptp, you can try

git bisect start v4.0 v3.1

and follow with git bisect good or git bisect bad after testing each
step. In about 7 steps you should have the offending commit.

--
Miroslav Lichvar