Hello,

I am having problems on a network with about 50 devices which I am
attempting to synchronize via ptp4l and phc2sys.

1 device serves as the master clock, all the others slave to that clock.

On the master clock machine, ptp4l often prints the following:

port 1 (eno1): received DELAY_REQ without timestamp

I assume this is because one of the device's NIC's fails to timestamp
the packet? Sometimes these messages come intermittently, sometimes it
seems like a ton all show up at once.

Any tips for getting to the bottom of this and figuring out why this
is happening? The machines are all plugged into the same switch, there
isn't anything weird about the network hardware as far as I know.

The machines are all identical, they are 11th gen Intel NUC boards.
Here's some detailed info:
$ sudo lshw -class network
  *-network
       product: Ethernet Connection (13) I219-LM
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 1f.6
       bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.6
       logical name: eno1
       version: 20
       serial: 24:1c:04:1c:ae:5b
       size: 1Gbit/s
       capacity: 1Gbit/s
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp
10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=e1000e
driverversion=5.19.0-32-generic duplex=full firmware=0.8-4
ip=172.16.41.121 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair
speed=1Gbit/s
       resources: irq:126 memory:50500000-5051ffff

Thanks!

Trey