On Sunday, July 10, 2016 19:19:47 RDP wrote:
> On 9 July 2016 at 12:49, Christian Schoenebeck
>
> <schoeneb...@linuxsampler.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday, July 07, 2016 18:56:40 RDP wrote:
> >> You mentioned previously, bumping licensing to a separate forum
> >> section, and making it 'sticky'.  Possily still worth doing, so as the
> >> matter doesn't get lost in the myriad of postings! ;o)
> >
> > As soon as there is some real activity on that matter I will make the post
> > sticky. And in case this issue really spawns several "hot" topics on the
> > forum one day, then I'll make a separate forum section and move those
> > posts there. However ATM there is no reasonable general forum activity
> > right now anyway.
> A post will only spawn 'hot topics' if it can be found, and not lost
> in either the deafening
> silence or the noise!

There is currently no information in that particular post yet. As said, as
soon as there is some real activity, I will take the appropriate actions
(sticky, separate section, etc.).

> For example, surely recent ( as in by date and
> time ) posts  should bubble to the top of the board by default, taking
> the appropriate board topic with it?  Dates and topics seem to be all
> over the shop.  Humbly and respectfully suggest those board settings
> need tweaking a tad! ;o)

Even though I am not convinced about phpbb's overall settings design, in this
particular case there is no issue. It behaves just as expected. The sorting
criteria in the forum is:

        1. is topic "sticky"?
        2. time stamp of last post of topic

So the sticky topics are displayed always before non-sticky topics, and both
are then sorted by criteria 2. And when you look at the topics of the forum,
it really did that.

CU
Christian