make your squid a transparent proxy.. it is easier to use and support
on almost all programs and services which needs to connect to internet

but still if you want to use http port to connect for your skype and
yahoo messengers. there is a option in yahoo messenger for options and
connection with proxy and then enter your address and port no. over
there, same is with skype
Tools >> Options >> and then select the port no (whatever it iss 8080
or 3128)

for thunderbird and outlook like email clients either configure squid
to accept the request coming on port of mails like 25, 110 (which i
havent done yet, if you get a solution do tell me) or just simply
MASQUERADE that ports.. (i have done this only)

do tell me if you are facing any more problem or want some more detail
process of commands to MASQUERADE.

--- In linuxvadapav@yahoogroups.com, Shrikant Patil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>