On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Favux ... <favux...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure Chris.  I've been following these with interest.
>
> I assume you want me to test against the kernel and not input-wacom?
> I'll have to check which wacom.ko I'm currently running on my 2.6.38
> install.   I'm doing some other stuff so it might be while, but not
> too long.

Now that you mention it, input-wacom would be good since I haven't
tested that kernel.  I've mostly tested with Linux 3.0.x.  Either is
fine.  I was hoping for the Tested-by to help get others Ack's.

> By the way anything about getting you one of the new BambooPTs so you
> can figure out the new usb protocol?

Nope, I still don't have access to one quite yet but maybe soon.  But
I have been staring at the USB dumps people sent and got most of it
worked out.

Turns out it only supports reporting 2 touches+1 phantom touch like
older HW and not the 4 I originally thought.  There is a lot of noisy
bits at the end of packet that I thought was an extra touch.  What I
call a phantom touch is something thats probably an average point of
all fingers touching and we do not use that data since its not useful
to anyone currently.

1st touch overlaps with older HW 1st touch packet location but the
pressure data is not valid.  The phantom touch also aligns with
existing hardware but we do not use that data.  What doesn't align is
the 2nd touch.  So besides jumpy-ness of 1st touch from invalid
pressure, the 2nd finger will not work at all with existing driver.

It should be pretty easy to stop reading pressure and shift the
location to read 2nd touch data... but the USB dumps I've seen there
are some new packets I do not quite understand and I'm not sure how to
code up to handle those without experimenting with HW some.