Hi,

when using xsetwacom 0.21.0 to set express key shortcuts it is possible to
"crash" the wacom driver by setting special keys. The driver will no longer
respond to any express keys and it is not possible to reset the shortcuts to
something else. One has to disconnect and reconnect the tablet to be able to
set or use shortcuts again.

xsetwacom .... set Button 1 "key shift §"

... or ...

xsetwacom ... set Button 1 "key shift ß"

... both will crash the driver as explained above.

This is a problem because e.g. on a german keyboard, the "ß" is a normal key
which does not require any modifiers.

I tried to work around this problem by converting these special keys to X11
key symbol names, but it seems, xsetwacom only accepts a very limited set of
X11 key symbols.

It is possible to use "key shift exclam", however "key shift grave" does not
work. Instead one has to use the deprecated form "key shift quoteleft". Also
many other key symbols like e.g. "paragraph" don't seem to work.

Where do I find a list of X11 key symbols which are supported by xsetwacom?

Greetings,
Alex