Glad to hear.  Let us know if you. Have any more questions or troubles.

Nathan

On Apr 10, 2009, at 1:18 AM, "Animesh Jain" <anim...@itasveer.com> wrote:

Hi Nathan

Yes.. this fixes the problem. Thanks again! I'll be playing around with Liquibase a bit more, so I might bother you again :)

Animesh

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 1:37 AM, Voxland, Nathan <nvoxl...@intelligentinsites.com > wrote: It was because our diff comparison for missing columns was not checking for nullability. I put a new snapshot up at http://www.liquibase.org/liquibase-SNAPSHOT.jar see if that is better.

Nathan

From: Animesh Jain [mailto:anim...@itasveer.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 2:15 AM
To: liquibase-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Liquibase-user] Diff not generating Not Null constraint on thefirst go..

Hi

I have a database (db1) with a user table, say

user (db1)
-------
id (INT)
name (VARCHAR)
email (VARCHAR)

I make a new database (db2) with the an added row called create_date which is NOT NULL

user (db2)
------
id (INT)
name (VARCHAR)
email (VARCHAR)
create_date (DATETIME NOT NULL)

Now when I diff the two databases I get

    <changeSet author="user (generated)" id="1239260542656-1">
        <addColumn tableName="user">
            <column name="create_date" type="DATETIME"/>
        </addColumn>
    </changeSet>

No constraint. However, when I update my database (db1) using this changeset and run diff again, I get

    <changeSet author="user (generated)" id="1239260580140-1">
<addNotNullConstraint columnDataType="DATETIME" columnName="create_date" defaultNullValue="" tableName="user"/>
    </changeSet>

The constraint appears only now, on the _second_ diff. It seems like a bug. Or is it intended functionality. If so, whats the rationale. I'm trying this on MySQL 5.0.51 on windows.

Thanks
Animesh

This SF.net email is sponsored by:
http://p.sf.net/sfu/www-ibm-com