[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hey Phil,
>
> >I'm trying to bring two Lisa 2/5s back to life.
>
> How are you making out on this project?

It's on hold at the moment. I closely compared both I/O boards that I own with the
schematics and concluded that the battery corrosion had damaged a number of traces. I
guess that the traces held out just long enough to boot a couple of times before they
expired. I plan to check out the damaged area and replace all of the damaged traces.
It'll be a long, boring job and not one that I fancy doing in the summer.

> Any advice to pass on to the rest of us?

Keep a close eye on battery packs in anything old...

> >Are there any chips I should consider swapping?
>
> The COPS chip on the I/O board is involved in controlling the power.

Thanks.

Phil