Hi Phil,

Yes, that's true.
One Pin has to be removed. I also saw a Profile or was it an Apple III or Lisa, where the hole has been closed by a plastic stick in the connector.
That's because to prevent users to plug in a non-profile cable?
The main problem will be the perhaps different wireing-scheme of the two sorts of cables. That's why I mentioned to check that by measuring...

greetings TOM from Bavaria