Hi Phil,
I know that the Simms are very hard to pull out of their sockets- the really
stick into their sockets. I used a plastic pull-out tool to prevent any
damage. A pull-out tool should be available in a local electronics store.
A pull out tools was necessary for pulling SIMM's in many Macintosh or Amiga
accelerators.

Helmut