<just to be clear, still hatless, jsut trying to understand as a
participant>

It looks to me like Policy_Denied and Authentication-Failure are error codes, not dispositions. They presumably go with the "Drop" action (as is the defined behavior for any ACT which is not understood.

Given that the action is the same as Drop, it seems safe, but odd, to use different action codes. Is there a difference in the action at the receiver?

If there is no difference, would it not make sense to encode this information in some other field? It seems to be for diagnositirc purposes, not action.

Yours,
Joel