> thinking about Alberto's request, and reading the document, I wondered if the
> security could be improved by sending the first notify back via the ETR, and
> coupling it to LISP-SEC to protect the information and provide needed keys
> for further messages? It seems like we do need a way to protect the
> notifications, and requiring associations from every ITR to every MS who may
> provide notifications seems impossible.

You can’t use LISP-SEC because the transactional nature of it starts with an
ITR and a one-time-key, that is used to signed Map-Replies returning to it.

For Map-Notify messages send from Map-Server via ETR, there would be no ITR
one-time-key. And if the Map-Server used its own one-time-key, the ITR couldn’t
derive it. Note with LISP-SEC the map-server one-time-key is derived from the
ITR’s one-time-key in the Map-Request.

Dino