> Maybe terminology will clarify this the best.
>
> Typically EID means address of hosts which can move between network locations.

I would argue it means an ID of anything. Traditionally, an EID is an ID of a
host but has evolved into a VM, a service, and now more opaque objects per your
draft.

> Instead we want EID to mean address of communication objects: mp2p queues and
> p2mp channels, which can move between hosts.

Right, exactly.

> This portability supports functional distributed programming models and
> simplified on-path compute aware networking.

Right an RLOC is an address pointer in a computer language and when you
"deference it", you get the contents. But in a true virtual memory system the
EID is an address pointer, and the OS finds where the contents are.

> On-path awareness becomes important in the absence of centralized clouds
> which hide DNS changes from clients, and contain the unpredictable latency of
> co-located HTTP redirects.

Right.

> These geo-distributed compute conditions are relevant for the new AR/VR edge
> applications, and this specification simplifies the description of
> elastically scaling them using LISP.

Agree.

Dino