Thank you.

Marie-José Montpetit, Ing. Ph.D.
ma...@mjmontpetit.com

From: Nitinder Mohan <mo...@in.tum.de> <mo...@in.tum.de>
Reply: Nitinder Mohan <mo...@in.tum.de> <mo...@in.tum.de>
Date: July 10, 2023 at 11:16:27 AM
To: Marie-Jose Montpetit <ma...@mjmontpetit.com> <ma...@mjmontpetit.com>
Cc: lisp@ietf.org list <lisp@ietf.org> <lisp@ietf.org>, coin <c...@irtf.org>
<c...@irtf.org>, coinrg-chairs <coinrg-cha...@ietf.org>
<coinrg-cha...@ietf.org>, Joerg Ott <o...@in.tum.de> <o...@in.tum.de>, Giovanni
Bartolomeo <giovanni.bartolo...@tum.de> <giovanni.bartolo...@tum.de>
Subject:  Re: [Coin] Reminder: agenda items

Hi Marie-Jose,

Please find attached the PDF of our paper “Oakestra: A Lightweight
Hierarchical Orchestration Framework for Edge Computing” in USENIX ATC 2023
which we can present in the IETF 117 COINRG.

Abstract: Edge computing seeks to enable applications with strict latency
requirements by utilizing resources deployed in diverse, dynamic, and
possibly constrained environments closer to the users. Existing
state-of-the-art orchestration frameworks (e.g. Kubernetes) perform poorly
at the edge since they were designed for reliable, low latency, high
bandwidth cloud environments. We present Oakestra, a hierarchical,
lightweight, flexible, and scalable orchestration framework for edge
computing. Through its novel federated three-tier resource management,
delegated task scheduling, and semantic overlay networking, Oakestra can
flexibly consolidate multiple infrastructure providers and support
applications over dynamic variations at the edge. Our comprehensive
evaluation against the state-of-the-art demonstrates the significant
benefits of Oakestra as it achieves approximately tenfold reduction in
resource usage through reduced management overhead and 10% application
performance improvement due to lightweight operation over constrained
hardware.

Thanks and Regards

Nitinder Mohan
Technical University Munich (TUM)