> Relative to the LISP mapping system, the terms pull-based and push-based long
> predate this draft.  There was an original push-based mapping system proposed
> (in which all mappings were pushed to all ITRs).  While we decided not to
> advance that,

Right, the LISP-Decent pushed-based uses multicast. The other one, NERD, used
management protocols and not a control plane if I recall.

> the term had an understood meaning.  Also, pull-based and push-based have
> well-defined meaning in many contexts.  This draft

The pull-based is what all the mapping systems are using. For LISP-Decent we
wanted to distinguish the pull-based mechanism based on hashing from the
push-base multicast method.

> seems to use those terms in a rather idiosyncratic (not incorrect, but
> confusing) fashion.  I am not sure whether different terms or additional
> qualifiers are the better solution.

Did I make it clearer?

Dino