Hello.

Hop mentioned once that it would be useful if someone made a $timerctl()
so here goes:

http://maxxx.is-a-geek.org/timerctl.tar.gz

Changed files:
    functions.c and timer.c
Usage:
    $timerctl(EXISTS refnum)
      - returns 1 if a timer with a specified refnum exists, an empty
        string otherwise
    $timerctl(GETTIME refnum)
      - returns the remaining time (as a float) of the specified timer,
        an empty string if one doesn't exist
    $timerctl(SETTIME refnum secs)
      - sets the specified timer's remaining number of seconds (as a
        float), and returns the same float on success or an empty string
        otherwise (ie, when a specified refnum doesn't exist or when you
        supply a negative secs value)
    $timerctl(GETEVENTS refnum)
      - returns the number of times the timer will fire, or an empty
        string if one doesn't exist
    $timerctl(SETEVENTS refnum eventcount)
      - sets the event count, as an integer. Returns the set value or
        an empty string on failure (refnum invalid or event count less
        than 1)
    $timerctl(GETCOMMAND refnum)
      - returns the command associated with the timer, or an empty
        string, similarly.
    $timerctl(SETCOMMAND refnum command)
      - sets the command for the timer, returning 1 on success or an
        empty string otherwise.
    $timerctl(GETREFNUMS)
      - returns a space-separated list of all valid timer refnums
        pending.
Comments:
    C beginner warning. Possible sloppy code ahead.
    Watch out, it's also the first time I've ever submitted something to
    this list, so please bear with me if I happen not to follow your
    usual behaviours preferred in here...

--
There's always plenty of help when it's not wanted.
 |\  /|      \~~~/     \~~~/   WWW: http://none :(