Jeremy Nelson wrote in gmane.network.irc.epic.general:

> What I would like from you all, is your patient review of the scripts
> that are loaded by epic, and comments upon what things you are quite sure
> are not worth keeping.

a couple of things i noticed in a quick look:

  on ^ctcp ^"% % ERRMSG *no such function*"
what's this?

  on ^200 * {
         unless (tracepath) (tracepath = [$0])
          xecho -b S:[$[15]0] V:[$[10]2] U:[$[20]4]
          @ tracepath #= [!$4]
  }
we discussed this before, and the conclusion was that 'tracepath' is broken
and doesn't work (it sometimes combines two traces into the same path).  i
can't remember why though .. i think something changed around hybrid-6
about how trace is handled.  the pad values there are also a bit too short
for modern server /version strings ("2.8/hybrid" is already 10 characters).

  # Sent notices should by default not be visible
  on ^send_notice * :
i don't really like this, but that's probably just personal preference.

  alias rwhois quote whois $0 $1
this looks like cruft.  "alias rwhois whois"? (given the intention of the
code, i'd think "alias rwhois whois $0 $0" is best.  maybe hunt_server
didn't behave that way when this was written.)

  window name ircII
i've seen a few people complain about this.  can't we just call the first
window '1'?

  alias o.b @ function_return = (SHOW_NUMERICS==[ON]) ? H : [***]
this is *definitely* cruft.

> Jeremy