William Walsh writes:
> BTW, Bob, how is your domain service running?  I notice you can't
> process domain applications (and haven't for quite some time).  Need
> some help? The page says you don't have time to get it working,  but
> I notice you have plenty of time to post here.

 FCN is currently experiencing interuptions in service as a
 result of extensive renovations to our Domain Name Registration
 software. Our technical administrator Gard Abrahamsen is engaged
 in a thorough revision of the process and has been unforseeably
 delayed by illness and a very busy working life. My role with FCN
 is as spokesperson and general administrator. I do not work with
 our machines or write code. Regardless we are both working as un-
 paid volunteers and are doing our imperfect best in the midst of
 very hectic existances.

 FCN is Free Community Network and you may visit our WWW site at
 <http://fcn.net>. We have been generously supported by an increasing
 number of citizens and have registered hundreds of free FCN domain
 names. Unfortunately many of them have been bogus registrations
 something we will be addressing in the upcoming revisions. We
 continue to claim stewardship over the .FCN Top Level Domain and
 advocate popular involvement and control over Internet governance.

 We are in process not only of revising our registration software
 but also of streamlining our Web presence, perhaps by relocating
 non-registration functions to other servers on the net. This
 would decrease the load on our server and increase the efficiency
 of registration once work has been completed. We apologise in
 advance for any problems citizens may encounter.

 The FCN server is functioning very robustly with the addition of
 donated hardware (motherboard, RAM, drives). The funds recently
 gifted to FCN (US$300/CDN$440) are being saved for future use.
 We could use a tape drive back-up unit, another computer for Co-
 Location and further funds for the purchase of various projects
 we would like to pursue. I could also use a G3 Macintosh computer
 and compatable printer for administrative use. If you can be of
 any assistance please feel free to contact me. Likewise if you
 require any further information please drop me a note.

 Thank you for this moment of your time.

 Bob Allisat

 Free Community Network _ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://fcn.net _ http://fcn.net/allisat
 http://robin.fcn.net