Stef and all,

Einar Stefferud wrote:

> Hello Romerto -- Thsi is one place where we have a wide disagreement.
>
> Most of us in ORSC see the DNSO as being a major force in managing the
> cooperative coordination of the DNS ROOT and its TLD registries.

  We here at the INEGroup feel essentially the same way here.

> We do not see ceding everything to ICAAN, and standing around just
> giving advice in the hopes hat it might be listened to.

  Good point.  The DNSO, ASO, PSO and even the ICANN belongs to
the Internet Stakeholders/user, not some small group of self appointed
or otherwise appointed BoD.  Any of these SO's must be a "Bottom-Up"
structure, and therefore determined by the Stakeholders/Users.  Any of the
administrative functions, committee members, BoD memebers must
serve at the direction of the Membership.

> Instread, we see ICANN as an oversight entity that wathes to see that
> the SOs operate according to properly open and fair ways to get the
> coordination mangement job done.

  Exactly.  As well as a facilitator for the membership organizations.

> We do not intend to become mere advisors.  Thsi will need to be
> nergotriated with ICANN, if ICANN ever gets the authority is wants to
> negotiate anything.

  Well we are not really sure that the ICANN is ready to take on this task
in it's present form.

> And, as long as ICANN plays its cagey game of hide and seek, with
> secret side meetings with insider track SO formation efforts, Then
> ICANN is a major part of the problem, and no part of the solution.

  Agreed.  This kind of activity must cease from the existing ICANN
"Initial" and Interim Board post haste!