From: anonymous
Subject: Disturbing news

I just finished speaking to someone who knows what's going on.
Confidentially, he told me that the dnso.org group has taken the
trademark people in for 2 reasons.

First, they add legitimacy to the dnso.org application. They also
have made claims that they have big companies and a lot of money
behind them, and they've already spoken with a few ICANN members who
are telling them that the dnso.org application will be approved.

Secondly, their intention is to get as many of their people on the
'names council' as possible, and then pass a resolution that no new
TLDs shall be added until the WIPO study is complete. After that
delay, they intend to start slowly, introducing one TLD at a time,
starting with CORE, and passing a resolution that the 60-day wait be
reinstated. CORE has already agreed to this.

My source tells me that this is already a done deal, and that the big
money and big companies behind it won't allow anything else to happen.

... From a concerned party ...

------- End of Forwarded Message
The COOK Report on Internet            What Happened to the White Paper?
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  ICANN a Sham. (updated 10/25/98) See
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)           http://www.cookreport.com/whorules.html
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    Index to 6 years of COOK Report, how to
subscribe, exec summaries, special reports, gloss at http://www.cookreport.com