At 01:17 AM 2/15/99 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:

>On 15-Feb-99 Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>>  Not necessarily. Given sufficient resources and careful crafting of
>>  requirements, all things are implement able. It is largely a matter of
>>  cost/effectiveness. IOW, is the solution larger than the problem? To answer
>>  that, one must first define the problem. We haven't done that yet. We know
>>  what the legal/political problem is, but we really don't know what the
>>  technical problems are until we start working possible solution-sets for
>>  the legal/political problem. Since the problem is primarily legal, that
>>  must be worked first. Technical and logistical issues only work to
>>  constrain the solution-set.
>
>How is the problem primarily legal?  I think this is a case of cart before the
>horse, really.
>
>The problem is primarly technical.

hammer.problem.nail.

Requirements are not technical, implementation is. We are not discussing
implementation just yet.
Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
                       KISS ... gotta love it!