Jay Fenello a écrit:

> Because ICANN has made an arrangement with USC
> to acquire personnel, IP rights, etc, etc, etc,
> then ICANN is the only one who can continue the
> work that USC is currently providing!?
>
> I didn't know government contracting worked
> this way.  Is it me ;-)

Jay-

It may be circular reasoning, but they gave a reply, anyway. When I
queried the GAO some months ago about whether the
multi-billion-dollar contract to replace the GAO's computers - which
has gone to...guess who...SAIC! (that's right) - had been put up for
bid, I was politely told to buzz off.

When you consider, for example, that the USG is now selling its
surplus merchandise through private dealers who don't bid for it,
rather than being auctioned off to the public whose taxes paid for
it in the first place, well, there's not much left that needs
explaining, is there?