Ronda,

If you want to see what a tangled web these people weave....check out...

http://www.east.isi.edu/
http://www.east.isi.edu/projects.html
http://www.east.isi.edu/ms/ms.html
IPv6 Publicly Available Stack Development for Microsoft Research

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here we are in 1999, with the U.S. Government supposedly focused
on investigating one of the largest companies and success stories in
the history of the world. The claim is, that Microsoft dominates software
and that other companies can not compete. While this is going on,
Microsoft has a U.S. Government funded group developing software for
them. Meanwhile, Netscape is funding essentially the same group by
virtue of the fact that the ICANN is the product of the late Jon Postel
and the 12 Apostels, some of whom live at USC ISI, compliments of
MORE U.S. Government funding.

...follow the money...and IP allocations....they tell the whole story...

P.S. And while this is going on, we see that NSI was requesting IP
allocations. Because ICANN was clueless, they referred NSI to ARIN.
ARIN is the product of more U.S. Government meddling and was created
by NSI people. I think it is fair to say that IPv4 and IPv6 are U.S.
Government
territory. It makes no sense for the private sector to waste any time or
energy on trying to help manage those resources fairly. Thus, I continue
to work on IPv8, for the rest of the human race...

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation
vPC + C+@ + IPv8 + 2,048 TLDs...this network solution is simple...