Roberto Gaetano a écrit:

> Chon,
>
> You wrote:
>
>         <snip>.  is it too expensive?  if so, we need to find sponsors to
> subsidize
> > further like Washington Meeting.
> >
> I have developed a deep mistrust for the last minute's sponsors in this
> domain.
> Please remember that the balance of the first IFWP conference in Reston is
> still in the red....
>
> It would not be wise to do the same mistake.

Yes, "sponsors" doesn't sound like a good solution. But is it
necessary to have meetings that cost US$5,000/day? ICANN and the
DNSOs are supposed to be non-profit organizations. What's the need
or point to holding glitzy meetings at posh venues? People come to
work, not to have an expensive holiday. Paying US$100/day per person
for meetings may be alright for those who can pad their expense
account, but for the rest of us it's taking money away from other
essential organizational functions.

The DNSO, and ICANN as well, ought to hold meetings in keeping with
the non-profit nature of the organizations. I'm sure that public
institutions with meeting halls, like universities, science centers,
and the like, would be happy to host ICANN and the SOs for cost, and
it certainly doesn't cost US$5,000 to heat and light an auditorium
or hall for one day, not in the U.S. and not, I would imagine, in
Singapore either.