At 02:27 PM 2/25/99 -0800, Kent Crispin wrote:

>That's very creative. Stef.  Perhaps you could point me to the
>hundreds of mail messages from you that are "harshly critical" of NSI?
>In all honesty, I don't remember a *single* one.

Stef is a person of moderation, he wasn't overly harsh of CORE either. Are
you saying that this makes him friendly to CORE? I have seen him voice
critique of both.

>However, I could easily go through my archives and pull down a random
>sample of 50 or so messages from you that are indeed harshly
>critical of IAHC/CORE/ICANN/IANA etc.  I think, in fact, that the
>objective external observer would say that NSI and ORSC have been in
>bed for some time now.

Where do you get this from? MHSC supports the ORSC position, are you saying
that MHSC is "in bed" with NSI? Although I have criticized NSI dispute
resolution policy severely, I have also written in support of a measured
approach wrt NSI. That said, I don't think you can get anyone to believe
that MHSC is an NSI supporter. At least, no one who has ever read one of my
posts on the subject.

I have long made it a practice to avoid appearing to speak for ORSC, as
only Stef is authorized to do so. However, this once, I will speak in
defence of ORSC. The goals of the ORSC are clearly stated on the
www.open-rsc.org web-site. There are no hidden agenda, that I know about.
ORSC activity, in the past year and WRT IFWP, have given me absolute
confidence in ORSC  dealing, reputation, and motives, to be exactly as
stated in official communications. Were this not the case, MHSC and ORSC
would have parted company long ago. Please note, this does not mean that
MHSC is in 100% agreement with ALL of ORSC views. Any group has its
internal disagreements, but we have a common goal.

I would say that your external observer has been "coached".

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
                       KISS ... gotta love it!