Milton and all,

  Interesting article that Ester did back when, 1995?  At any rate there
are
several statements that Esther made than that I wonder if she would make
now.  But this is of little matter and a subject for later discussion.

  There is one area and with respect to you "Subject" that this article
seems to bother me.  As I stated above one problem I have here is the
Time frame 1995 and it is now 1999.  What was true than certainly
is not true now.  It is also interesting in what Esther said in this
article
and how her persona has been displayed, though sparingly, on the
relevant lists regarding the ICANN, DNSO and other SO's of late.
They essentially do not seem to relate or correspond well.

  Another small observation I would make, again related to your subject
here Milton, is that Esther isn't in a position to determine what the
TM interests are going to do, and really how she is going to eventually
react to their interest.  This will be the TM's purgative, not Esthers,
or yours, or mine or anyone's.  They already have a seat at the table,
and they also have a huge appetite.  A few scraps will not ever
satisfy them.  And they are much bigger than Esther Dyson.