Bret A. Fausett a écrit:

> An important footnote came at the end of the presentation. Someone
> incorrectly assumed that the WIPO report was final and would be voted > on at the
>next day's closed ICANN Board meeting. One of the Board > members (either Esther
>Dyson or Mike Roberts, I think) clarified
> that the report was only preliminary and that no ICANN consideration > would take
>place until after the report was final and "after we
> have had input from the DNSO" or something to that effect.
>
> It seemed clear that dissenting views would be able to register their
> complaints with ICANN and that the DNSO also would be given the
> opportunity to work over the final WIPO document. (At least I hope > that's the
>case.)

And yet Sean Garrett, ICANN's publicist, posted the following
announcement last Thursday, suggesting that there will be no further
chance to modify the Board's Accreditation Guidelines:

"Initial Board of Directors Determines Guidelines at Singapore
Meeting

SINGAPORE, March 4, 1999 --

The Board adopted a policy by which competing registrars will be
accredited to process registrations in the .com, .org, and .net
generic top level domains.

The Board also approved accompanying contracts, and directed the
ICANN President to implement the policy and begin accepting
registrar applications by Monday, March 15.

The policy approved today reflects a number of changes reflecting
public comment, including adjustments to make the requirements
clearer and less burdensome, reduce uncertainty for registrars and
registrants, strengthen data escrow provisions, and clarify the
legal liabilities of registrants that license names to anonymous
third parties."