This discussion illustrates how arbitrary an attempt to populate a board
through designation of defined constituencies must be, not to mention how
ridiculously complicated such mechanisms end up.  And, there is no way to
empirically weigh the relative fairness of the results of such systems.

Why not apply the KISS principle?  Let nature dynamically allocate the
seats among interests and philosophies by a proportionate representation
system such as Single Transferable Vote (STAVE).   It is proven to work.
It reflects the divisions on whatever are the current issues at the time of
each election.  And, it does not unfairly favor or disadvantage any
particular interest or position.