William W.  wrote,

> Intermail.Net and Majik.Net arrived at a settlement.
> Details pending at http://www.intermail.net/

"Received a call from Dale at Majik Net this afternoon, and had a
rather friendly talk with him.  Much better dealing directly with him
rather then through the attorney.  He agreed on a reasonable
settlement of my costs and time and efforts, and has also
graciously agreed to a transition period for at least 30 days to
permit everyone to change their bookmarks and address books...."

If only all disputation was this easy! (I wonder if they even quoted
each others cumulative emails 4 times in a row...)

But it does suggest at least that the legal middleman may be going
the way of the retail store under the impact of net-commerce....

kerry