Title: RE: What does this mean about IDNO or TLDA?

Stef,

Don Telage brought up this issue.  It is interesting that there are so
many issues that have been brought up by rather intelligent,
well-thought individuals, and the only one to get posted as an
additional issue is from Don Telage.  Don has posted a letter (posted
one day after the ICANN deadline, by the way) which discusses this.
The URL is on the ICANN DNSO submissions page.

The issue is legit.  How it is addressed is the question.

To date I have left Mr. Telage 5 messages asking him to discuss the
TLDA, NSI's approach to gTLD, etc. - issues we must be prepared to
address by Berlin.  He has not had the professional courtesy to return
any of my calls.

I try to be as level-headed and non-confrontational as I can in these
issues.  This is blatantly unprofessional.

Gene Marsh

Fenello
> Subject: Re: What does this mean about IDNO or TLDA?
>

> OK -- What does that mean to IDNO and TLDA, and to SuperRoot?
>
> I suppose I should go read the posted ICANN question;-)...\Stef
>

> From your message Tue, 18 May 1999 08:10:59 -0400 (EDT):
> }
> }It means they're buying tinto NSI's idea that cctld/gtld is
> wrong they should
> }be open or closed depending on who can register inthem.
> }
> }
> }At 10:08 PM 5/17/99 -0700, Einar Stefferud wrote:
> }>Specifically:
> }>
> }>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> ++++++++++++++++++
> }>+In addition, ICANN has posted a question requesting
> comment on a proposal to+
> }>+recategorize the DNSO constituencies for ccTLD registries
> and gTLD          +
> }>+registries <http://www.icann.org/berlin/drafts2.html#1>
>                  +
> }>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> ++++++++++++++++++
> }>
> }>I have not yet read the cited web pages.
> }>
> }>Cheers...\Stef
> }>
> }>
<http://www.icann.org/berlin/berlin-details.html>.
}>
}>Best regards,
}>
}>- --Andrew McLaughlin
}>
}>
}>------- End of Forwarded Message
}>
}>
}--
}[EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
}"Those who give up a little freedom for a little security
}will not have, nor do they deserve, either one"
}               --Thomas Jefferson
}