Title: RE: [IFWP] Request for reconsideration: inclusion of the Individuals' Constituency at the Berlin meeting

I must agree.  Whether or not Joop's efforts have validity or not (I
happen to feel that they do), there should be a formal reconsideration
of this stance.

ICANN, please reconsider.

Gene Marsh
interim secretary, TLDA

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [IFWP] Request for reconsideration: inclusion of the
> Individuals' Constituency at the Berlin meeting
>

> Members of the interim ICANN Board,
>
> On your web page I now read the following discouraging phrase:
>
> >"As the Initial Constituencies will not yet have been recognized,
the
> ICANN Board will not be considering any additional
> Constituencies at its
> next meeting in Berlin."
>
> As I am just in the process of preparing to fly from New
> Zealand to Berlin
> in order to have the Individuals considered as a constituency
> in their own
> right, I may be forgiven for urgently requesting you to
> reconsider this
> unfortunate decision.
>
> I feel that it is not right that the Individuals are
> disenfranchised at
> this moment, just when ICANN prepares to give the DNSO its
structure.

> Strong arguments can be made that set the Individual Domain
> Name Owners
> apart from either Business Interests or Non-Commercial
organizations.