At 01:04 PM 5/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The page information for the Proposed Interim Policy for
>Geographic Diversity on the ICANN Board of Directors
><http://www.icann.org/geo-diversity.html> indicates it was created
>on May 17th.  I did not notice the discussion surrounding its
>formation nor an announcement of its existence.

Funniest thing happened on the way to Berlin.  I'd have sworn that
just a day or two ago, I saw the post from David Post concerning
the Advisory Committee for Independent Review and its "Interim
Report," with a URL to read it and post comments; the Report
put geographic diversity dead last, so to speak, after fundamental
qualification of the individuals, but now that's front burner.  So I
have it figured out: that Mike fellow does not have just one back
bedroom - now den from which ICANN operates, he has three or four
more in the basement, and the fundamental ICANN rule is that they all
work independently, making their own hot button rules, and none of
the denizens of den A can ever talk to those in B, etc. That is,
unless someone could explain why directors should be geographically
defined while independent review panel members should not.

Bill Lovell

  However, this