> At 04:16 PM 6/13/99 -0400, Antony Van Couvering wrote:
> >*The POC was a closed shop, a black box, unreadable and
> unknowable from the
> >outside, intransigent against efforts to open it up and see the
> >decision-making process

Dave Crocker replied:

> It held closed meetings, but it interacted with other groups and
> individuals heavily, through a number of channels.  Its work
> was modified
> many, many times by the feedback received, including the very
> public and
> open 'request for comments' process that it ran prior to making major
> decisions.

The POC was a closed and unaccountable outfit. Well, it may not think that
it was, but it set up and ran CORE to its own worldview and has never
explained or accounted for the disaster that that was.
We invested hugely in terms of time and money in CORE/POC but we never had
the benefit of a meeting with POC or even were ever asked for any input or
views.
I'm not sure what the driving motivation of POC was, but having failed
totally once, you'd think they would have the honour to shut up and not go
on trying to control everything.

Mistakes have been and continue to be made all round.

Let's take it to the next stage.

Ivan