All,

  Woops, forgot to add the link.  Here it is!
http://dailynews.netscape.com/news/Entertainment/06_15_1999.reuvf-story-bconlinecable.html

All,

  I thought this might be of some interest to some here.  It has
a significant intersect to the ICANN, but not directly..

  I found two "Quotes" of particular interest:
Excerpt:
Later, FCC general counsel Christopher Wright said the options included
entering the case on appeal on the side of the cable industry or even
possibly using some of the FCC's own broad authority to supercede local
regulations. ``The FCC has authority to preempt,'' he noted.

and this one that really makd me nearly barf and ROFLMAO at the
same time!   What a joke, although a sick one...
Excerpt:
Proponents of open access noted that Kennard urged the cable industry to
act responsibly and ``follow the open tradition of the Internet.''

Contact Number:  972-447-1894