>   Again David is BULLSHITTING you all here.   David, you were offered
> several opportunities at other alternatives, I know I offered you one.
> You refused.  So stop BULLSHITTING folks!'
>
>   Do I need to post those private posts as evidence???  Hummmm???
>
> David R. Conrad wrote:
>
> > Patrick,
> >
> > > Don't be so sure that BIND is the only software out there that can handle
> > > these sorts of loads.
> >
> > You're right.  Apologies.  BIND is the only one that is running on the
> > root nameservers at this point in time.  I personally think this is a
> > bad thing (not enough genetic diversity in the ecology is dangerous) and
> > am looking forward to seeing alternatives.

Since you can ask newer BIND based name servers what they are running,
this is easy enough to check.

a.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.1.2"
b.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.1.2-T3B"
c.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.1.2"
d.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.1.2"
e.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.2.1"
f.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.2.1"
g.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.1.2"
h.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.1.2"
i.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.2"
j.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.1.2"
k.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.2"
l.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.1.2-T3B"
m.root-servers.net
VERSION.BIND.           0S CHAOS TXT    "8.2"

So I'd say that David Conrad's claim stands.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, [EMAIL PROTECTED]