Jay Fenello a écrit:

> >"Governments will end up taking control of the distribution of
> >Internet addresses if the Internet industry cannot resolve its
> >differences, according to Dr Paul Twomey, the Australian head of an
> >international body set up to study the issue."
>
> Instead of a small cabal making decisions
> affecting every Internet user in the world,
> 200 plus governments will now have to agree!
>
> Why, that's the *best* news I've heard all
> year ;-)

I think you've misunderstood Mr. Twomey, Jay. What he means is that
he (that is, the GAC) will take control of address allocation. Mr.
Twomey sees himself as the head of world government. This would be
nothing more than a joke in poor taste, if it weren't for watching
helpless while an ISOC-appointed board proceeds to take control of
domain names and name servers. Mr. Twomey is dangerous. He and his
kin will be put down eventually, like all dictators are put down,
but how much damage will he have done by then?