>Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 21:52:24 -0400
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: "Martin B. Schwimmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [IFWP] BOUNCE [EMAIL PROTECTED]:     Admin request of type
>  /\bcancel\b/i  at line 2
>
>What does admin request of type mean?  Why was this bounced?

Majordomo 101: how tosubscribe and unsubscribe.
I think we've covered that,

Majordomo 103: Admins requets

You can can a whole bunch of neat things as a user of
majordomo; get indicies of archives, get a volume
from the archives, see who is on the list

These administrative commands were used before the
web came about and theres some doubt how useful they
are anymore. But, they're still in there and to
detect the error whereby people send the command
to the list itself instead of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
then it filters and bounces them to list manager.

But, it only looks in the first 10 lines, so, stay
away from "subscribe", "unsubscribe", "cancel" and
a host of others you'll see from time to time.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"They were of a mind to govern us and we were of a mind to govern ourselves."