On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 11:16:37PM -0500, Gene Marsh wrote:
> Hi Kent Crispin, you wrote on 7/8/99 9:48:23 PM:
>
> >On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 09:25:08PM -0500, Gene Marsh wrote:
> >
> > > 1) funding someone part time at ISI or CNRI
> > > to maintain the protocol registry files.

This activity is continuing.  ICANN and the IANA staff already work
very closely.  ICANN will pick up the funding as its funding stream
builds.  I'm not sure who is covering the funding in the meantime,
but this is not a major item.

> > > 2) some coordination mechanism among the
> > > regional IP registries that involves the
> > > ISPs.

MoU in process.

> > > 3) some independent corporation to run a set
> > > of DNS servers and maintain a root zone file
> > > that also allows new TLDs to be entered.

That's precisely what the CRADA is about.

> > > These are pretty separate functions that
> > > just about anybody could do.
> > >
> > >Indeed.  ICANN can do them.
> >
> > Then why are they NOT doing it, Kent?
> >
> >They are in fact doing each of these things.
> >
> >--
> >Kent Crispin                               "Do good, and you'll be
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain
>
> Would you care to share with the rest of us how you feel they are actually
> doing this?

See above.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain