What is your definition of speculation?

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Lovell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 1999 8:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [IDNO-DISCUSS] Re: [IFWP] RE: who tells the quill holder
what

At 07:54 PM 7/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Bill,
>
>Please clarify for me how NSI is a domain name speculator.  That's a charge
>I haven't heard before.

Gimme a break.  "Oh, be sure to get your .net and .org registrations as
well!
Somebody who has been watching us stoke the fires of speculation all these
years might otherwise grab it up for themselves."

>Also, please help me understand what the practice of invoicing for domain
>names has to do with limiting the number of registrars that can be
>implemented at one time.  The first issue is a registrar issue.  The second
>is a registry issue.  It should come as no surprise that a considerable
>amount of support is provided to implement new registrars, so the more that
>are in the pipeline at the same time, the more resources are required.
That
>does not seem like a very complicated concept.

So even you should understand it. When you foment a gold rush in getting
in those registrations, does that not add work to your oh-so-limited crew?
Do you not neglect the registry function as you push your registrar role?
Is there not an inherent conflict of interest in having those two functions
under the same roof? And don't give us that "they are separated" line --
nobody believed it then and no one will now.

Bill Lovell