Russ and all,

  Your example Russ is a good case in point that is tragically not
provided for in this "Transfer Protocol" Recommendation adequately.

  It should also be noted that AOL, is one of the ICANN's "Test Bed"
Registrars as well...  Given that, it is not too difficult to
extrapolate
that abuses coming from some of the NEW Registrars would be
prevalent.  It is also not too difficult to imagine that this
"Recommendation"
overly favors the Registrar, but could cause problems for a potential
Registrar from the Registrant whom may seek a temporary injunction
blocking action upon that Registrants Domain in various ways.

  It is also not too difficult that this "Transfer Protocol"
Recommendation
inordinately favors the large IP/TM lobby vs the individual Domain Name
holder.

POINT OF NOTE AND INTEREST:

INEGroup legal and judicial review staff is currently reviewing this
recommendation and will provide further comment and suggestion
within the week.  A current counter and alternative legal strategy
is also being worked up should this recommendation be unilaterally
adopted by the DNSO or the ICANN (Initial?) Interim Board
without DNSO GA and/or ICANN Membership approval before
enactment...