All,

  For those interested here is an FYI from APnic regarding
the ASO situation..

[Note "reply-to:" field]

To all interested parties,

Last week APNIC made the following announcement to all APNIC members
regarding the joint Regional Internet Registry proposal to form the Address
Supporting Organisation (ASO) of ICANN. This proposal has been cooperatively
developed by the combined Registries, after a long process of consultation
with our memberships and communities throughout our respective regions.

As the Regional Internet Registry for the Asia-Pacific region, APNIC is
seeking inputs from all interested parties in this region, in order that we
may finalise this proposal and submit it to ICANN in time for consideration
at the Santiago meeting in August.  The deadline for the submission to ICANN
is 24 July 1999, so inputs should be sent to APNIC by 20 July 1999 at the
latest (contact details are provided within the announcement below).

We look forward to your inputs and to your support in our efforts, on behalf
of our membership and community, to establish the ASO.

Best regards,

Paul Wilson
Director General, APNIC.

(with apologies for duplicate postings)

Further information about the ASO may be found at the following sites:

  APNIC:     http://www.apnic.net/news/icann
  RIPE NCC:  http://www.ripe.net/info/ncc/icann.html