[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit:

> I don't think that time are ready for direct democracy in the Net, which
> does not mean that we should not try, but it surely means that the good old
> method of taking the good elements to propose, building a case for them, and
> trying to convince the "decision makers", like "governments and
> corporations", may work better.
> Moreover, considering the IFWP results as the Gospel, to be applied upon
> everybody (as some contributions to this list seem to imply), seems to me to
> be likely to produce the opposite effect.

Thank you, Adult Supervisor Number 10. So, you admit that the NewCo
is in the hands of special-interest groups, but you claim that this
is necessary. The consumers (users) must be excluded from the
decision-making process for their own good. You and the
"intellectual elite" of ISOC/CORE will decide our future for us. And
we are expected to trust you that it will be to our benefit and not
yours.

How many times this century have we heard these arguments? How many
more wars must human beings go through before they learn that no one
group has the answer for everyone, that every sector of society has
its own needs, and that the all must participate in administering
the benefits of civilization?

Michael Sondow           I.C.I.I.U.     http://www.iciiu.org
Tel. (212)846-7482                        Fax: (603)754-892