>The assistance of Jones-Day goes back considerably before the start
>of ICANN -- they were involved in the drafting of the original draft
>bylaws that were out for discussion during the entire IFWP process.
>Also, there have been at least two Jones-Day lawyers involved.  I
>can't speak to the advisability of hiring in-house, though.

Which is, of ocurse a direct slap in the face to the lawyers,
many of who are on this list, that could have (and in some cases
dod) draft a better set of bylaws that would not create the problems
ICANN is facing now, because of their greater understanding of
the complex issues we're faced with.

But have at it. Now make it work.

--
Richard Sexton  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://dns.vrx.net/tech/rootzone