At 07:58 AM 7/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Craig Simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Sounds appealing to me, except that we'd need to review archives prior
>> to Sep '95, and I don't see any of those at the sites available through
>> your links.
>
>I believe there was some pre-9/95 discussion of new domain names on the
>namedroppers list.
>
>--gregbo

Oh yeah THAT. There's a couple, but not many. There's also
some of it on the useent2 mailing list where Chris Neislon
talkaed about and deployed .DOT - it was somewhat of a milestone;
this was the first "renegade" tld deployed in recent memory
(I think Robert Elz' .OZ was the first non-Iana in tld
i the roots but that was a long LONG time ago). .DOT
was also the first new tld in the now defunct Alternic roots,
and it has been in continuous operation for 4 years in
eevry known root server system - except the Legacy ones,
oc course.

--
Richard Sexton  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  | http://dns.vrx.net/tech/rootzone
http://killifish.vrx.net    http://www.mbz.org    http://lists.aquaria.net